Lawyers4U is a legal site providing basic guidance for consumers and small businesses. It provides general legal information to help people understand their legal rights, but is not a substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor or barrister.
You are welcome to use Lawyers4U for your own personal, non-commercial purposes, as is subject to our following disclaimer and conditions of use.
By using the basic service of Lawyers4U you are agreeing that where no personal consultation has taken place and information has been provided exclusively by e-mail, under no circumstances will Lawyers4U or its affiliates, or any lawyer or consultant connected with this site be responsible for:
- any information contained in, omitted or received from this site,
- any persons reliance on any such information, whether or not the information is correct, current or complete,
- the consequences of any action you or any other person takes or fails to take, whether or not based on information provided by us or as a result of the use of the site Lawyers4U and their affiliates also have no responsibility for
- any persons satisfaction with any lawyer or consultant, whether relating to their competence, diligence or otherwise
- the results of any advice given by or representation from any lawyer or consultant, or
- the failure or refusal of any lawyer or consultant to offer you his or her services.
- None of our services include the cost of litigation which should be discussed separately.
- Use of our services is subject to our fair use policy. What constitutes fair use is at the discretion of the Lawyers4U.
- Our areas of practice are subject to change at any time.
- Lawyers4U will provide a personalised response of between 300 and 750 words to all enquiries
- Although our team will use their best endeavours to try and achieve the client's objectives, payment for a service does not guarantee that these objectives will always be reached.
- All references to the term "barrister" on this web site may refer to a barrister who is recognised by the Inns of Court but is non-practising.
- Every legal professional providing information from this site will be legally qualified and posses a degree in English Law. Your query may be dealt with by a variety of legal professionals, which may include solicitors, legal executives and legal assistants. Therefore information may be provided by a professional who is not a solicitor and will therefore not be a part of the solicitors indemnity fund. If you require the< services of such a solicitor, you should seek to use solicitors from an incorporated practice.
- Lawyers4U is a web site providing basic legal information and is not a registered incorporated legal practice. Therefore no user of this site will be entitled to indemnity from the solicitors indemnity fund, as Lawyers4U is not underwritten by the solicitors compensation fund. Should you wish to use the services of such a solicitor you should contact an incorporated firm of solicitors with the relevant expertise.
- As clearly indicated on our web site we can only advise on the legal position in England and Wales and may not refund payment if you use this site requesting information outside our jurisdiction.
- Our terms and conditions of use are subject to change at any time.
- Although in many instances a response may be provided within two working days, Lawyers4U will endeavour to provide a same day service to queries with cleared payment submitted before 11 a.m. on the first day of contact with Lawyers4U, on some occasions this may take a longer period. If more than 7 working days have passed without a response please send an e-mail regarding the situation to Lawyers4U
- Even though the information provided by Lawyers4U may be highly detailed you should not rely or base any future actions on the basis of a single e-mail, as there may be certain situations where the information provided might not be relevant to your current needs. Due to the variety and complicated nature of many situations, it is recommended that a solicitor should always be seen in person.
- Information from Lawyers4U does not constitute financial advice for which you should see an Independent Financial Advisor.
- Complaints may be made in writing to the Legal Services Manager and sent to Lawyers4U, Address 3rd Floor, 86 – 90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE. A response will be provided within 7 working days.
- A refund may be provided for any customer who is unhappy with our service by contacting us via the support page of the website or by sending a letter by post.
This advice service is intended for reference only and should not be used in lieu of full legal counsel.